There have been some seminal events and obscure occurrences this month in music for me. Foremost ~ Phoebe dropped a full album for the first time in many years... she was reviewed by the WSJ and all over the net; she expressed 1st with a keen "Lost Boys" music video and followed with the LP ultimately; she plans a fall stadium tour. I won't go to stadiums ~ I have the Dillon Amp, the best place to listen to the best in America. What about the album eval, mostly for me it's her writing ~ her dad died in '23 and it's all raw here... so good. Sure there's struggles with love too and darkish images as I want her to provide. I really like the compiled catalog from her time away from solo performing ~ I probably always will. I didn't buy till she dropped it all, but then ~ absolutely. Ethereal often but there are unneeded tweaks on her voice offered (like AbbyH) for darkness/weirdness. Thank you; I've been waiting years.
Too... dropping full soon again is Wagging, the Asheville writer, grabbing life from a cool spot she respected through a nasty flood. The OG EP was a pop grabber and this is more slammer, still recorded in Asheville. Give me even more.
Spectacular Nicole Atkins rarely reveals, but is known to me for sure with stunning sultry delivery. Sheesh, I have to offer an OV, given timing.
Scary Pockets is back! Awesome...



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.